The Clothes Closet thrift store is open to the public as well as Neighbors' clients, who can shop with vouchers for clothing or household items. Volunteer sort and tag donations, conduct transactions, provide friendly customer service, and keep the sales floor clean and organized.
Volunteer for one or more shift per week. Open shifts include:
- "2nd in Command Cashier," Friday afternoons, 1:00 - 4:00 pm. This shift already has a cashier but could use an additional volunteer to share the duties. A perfect way to learn a new skill with the safety net of someone to share the responsibilities! Some donation sorting also involved
- Floor Straightener & Clothing Rack Organizer, Wednesday afternoons, 1:00 - 4:00 pm. This position will primarily be responsible for organizing the sales floor, making sure garments are on the correct racks, and assisting customers
- On-call Cashier, Flexible scheduling. Someone to train in on cashiering who is willing to be on-call if a shift's volunteer is sick or on vacation
- Must be 18 years old
- Able to treat everyone with kindness and respect
- Basic knowledge of retail transactions
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not necessary
Email or call Mandy at email@example.com or 651-306-2145
- People Skills
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 3 hour shift per week
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- On-Call Front Desk Volunteer
- Nutrition Study Process Analyst
- Videographer for Food Security...
- NAPS Volunteer: Reminder Calls &...
- Come As You Are
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Flexible Schedule Driver
- Grounds & Maintenance Volunteer
- Clothes Closet Thrift Store...
- Grocery Store Donation Pick-up