Local non-profit is looking for a front desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. In this role you will be greeting visitors (busy front desk), signing people in, answering phones, signing for packages, and other front desk duties as needed. The other piece of the position is supporting the Human Resources department by initiating background checks for new hires, along with assisting with New Hire and Volunteer Orientations. The ideal person will thrive in a fast paced environment, be comfortable at a front desk, and enjoy working in a nonprofit environment.
Successful candidates should be comfortable with technology, and have excellent customer service skills interpersonal and communication skills, ability to use sound judgment and to act as a team player backing up coworkers or other members of the organization when necessary. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Bilingual preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Answers all incoming phone calls.
- Acts as a gatekeeper to the President and his assistant.
- Screens incoming calls and routes appropriately, using good judgment.
- Maintains front reception area; assists clients with check-in.
- Welcomes clients with warmth and confidence.
- Assists with the processing of new applicant paperwork.
- Once mail has been opened, distributes to appropriate individual(s), following established policies and procedures.
- Assists with special and/or high-volume mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
This volunteer opportunity will consider 1 person for up to 8 hrs. per day, or 2 individuals up to 4-5 hrs. per day.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Dec. 29, 2016
- Background Check includes drug screen, and fingerprinting. *REQUIRED*