The Mystic River Watershed Association (MyRWA) seeks a motivated, well-organized and creative intern to assist in the development of a new river herring education project. This innovative environmental education project includes a web platform to count river herring via video, an interactive data visualization page to explore data, a teacher resource section with downloadable curriculum, and biological and historical information on herring.
The intern will take this project into local schools and recruit teachers to participate in the program. Responsibilities include assistance in organizing and leading teacher trainings, developing and reviewing curriculum, scheduling and leading classroom visits and overseeing field trips to the fish ladders. This is an opportunity for someone to really develop and mold this exciting, new program!
Intern will work both in and out of the office, and must be able to work independently and as a
member of a team. This is an unpaid position at ~20 hour/week position.
- Experience in and dedication to environmental education
- Excellent verbal and written skills and be comfortable leading nature programs for children and adults
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Responsible, reliable, independent and flexible
- Driver’s license and access to a car highly desirable (mileage is reimbursed)
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
The Mystic River Watershed Association is an equal opportunity employer. Exact dates can be flexible depending on the candidate. This is a great opportunity to be involved with a small non-profit doing work on behalf of the community and environment.
Deadline to apply is December 31, 2016. Applications reviewed as received. To apply send your cover letter and resume to WQInternship@MysticRiver.org with Herring Internship in the subject line. For more information about the Mystic River Watershed Association see www.MysticRiver.org.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Flexible, about 20 hours per week
- Mystic River Advocate - Help...
- Communications & Event Planning...
- Event Planning & Environmental...
- Invasive Species and Water...
- Join a Committee with the Mystic...
- The Mystic River Watershed needs...
- Environmental Education Internship
- Local Environmental Advocacy &...
- Advocate for the Mystic River -...