Social Media Volunteer Description:
We are looking for an energetic and scientifically curious person to join our team. The Social Media Volunteer plays a vital role in SoundBio outreach and marketing. This volunteer will help to support our mission, market our projects and programs, and keep up to date with whats going on in the DIY biology and biotech communities.
This position will help manage SoundBio's social media and web-based marketing including the organization's Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts. In order to expand our outreach and online presence we encourage this volunteer to develop our social media as needed. The ideal candidate will have good writing and communication skills and will need to work closely with our administrative team.
- Write content for the organization's social media platforms at least once a week
- Retain, grow and develop accounts through interactions with supporters
- Attend planning meetings (in person or virtually)
- Follow DIY biology and biotechnology news
- Communicate through our task managing system (Trello & Slack)
- Must be available to attend planning meetings at least twice a month
- Comfortable with social media platforms
- Demonstrate good judgement
- Good writing and communication skills
- Curious about science
- Dedicated to science outreach
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest, qualifications (samples, links to your own social media, past work, and/or education) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoundBio Lab is a Seattle based non-profit whose mission is to promote scientific inquiry, understanding, and curiousity through access to biotechnology, community building, and outreach programs.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training