We are currently seeking a special event volunteer to work with the Proud&Pretty leadership team to assist with the planning, promotion and coordination of quarterly signature events. Applicant should have experience coordinating events or special projects for nonprofits, school clubs or other organizations. Volunteer should be an organized self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal direction.
If you are passionate about female empowerment, body positivity, sexual health and/or making women feel good about who they are, then this position is perfect for you!
The Special Event Volunteer will assist with four events per year.
Responsibilities may include a combination of the following:
- Help prepare event checklists and program timelines
- Research, reach out to and follow up with potential event sponsors or in-kind donors
- Work with venue on event logistics
- Assemble attendee gifts, goodie bags, auction/raffle prizes and/or event decor
- Assist with event promotion in partnership with the Proud&Pretty social media volunteer
- Help prepare/create event collateral
- Coordinate day-of activities (set-up, program, cleanup) and execute event timeline
- Lead and direct day-of event volunteers
This position will require approximately 10 hours per month. We are located in Southern California and volunteers must be available for meetings in Rancho Cucamonga 1x per month and available to attend the quarterly event in question.
How to Apply: Submit your resume along with details as to why you are the ideal candidate for the Proud&Pretty Special Event Volunteer position. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Special Event Volunteer in the subject line.
- Project Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours per month