Mentor/Coach for the youth-led prevention of teen dating abuse
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where20403 N Lake Pleasant RoadSuite 117-492Peoria, AZ 85382
WHAT: Bloom It Up CREW Coach/Mentor
* Provide youth-led Bloom It Up CREWS direction, focus, purpose, and an understanding of how to build a meaningful social change movement for the prevention of teen dating abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence in their school communities.
* Mentor and guide CREWS on setting goals, developing and implementing action plans for peer to peer awareness, engagement, education, advocacy and leadership activities.
* Help CREWS determine outcomes and what transformational change looks like for them individually and collectively.
WHEN: Schedules vary based on schools.
* Minimum of 2-6 hours per week either during school lunch hour or after-school.
* Occasional weekends may be required for CREW community service activities and bi-annual retreats.
* CREWS are currently established within the Phoenix Union High School District, Deer Valley Unified School District and a network of partnering charter schools in Maricopa County, AZ.
* School assignments TBD based on schedules and availability of CREW Coaches.
* As resources expand, new schools will be added.
1 in 3 teens report experiencing dating abuse.
Peer to peer prevention efforts hold the most promise for stopping it before it starts.
* 1-3 days per week, 1-3 hours per day
* Assigned to 1-3 school CREW clubs in either Phoenix, Glendale, or Peoria
* Serve as the liaison between the Bloom It Up CREW and bloom365
* Facilitate CREW meetings until teen CREW members are confident with facilitating on their own
* Communicate bloom365 engagement opportunities: campaigns, events, and other activities to the CREWS
* Assist in the coordination, planning and implementation of CREW community service activities, campaigns and awareness events.
* Celebrate CREWS for their accomplishments at a year-end retreat
* Assist bloom365 staff with the design and coordination of Bloom It Up campaigns, retreats and other activities.
* Previous advocacy or engagement work with youth/teens.
* Passion for social change and the prevention of teen dating abuse
* General knowledge on the issues of dating abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault
* Public health, social work, sociology, education, nursing, women and gender studies and psychology undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
* Reliable transportation
* Clear criminal background check and fingerprint clearance card
* Completion of the 7-dose Bloom It Up curriculum
* 40-hour DV advocacy training preferred
- Life Coaching
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week