SINGLETON MOMS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Singleton Moms is a community dedicated to lessening the burdens of single moms, dads, and children battling cancer, while providing hope for tomorrow. The Board of Directors has recently adopted a strategic plan that calls for extensive growth and expansion of the organization over the next three years. We are seeking influential strategic thinkers for our Board of Directors who will be able to maximize the impact of our mission and provide the skills and guidance needed as we implement our strategic plan for growth in the coming years. We are looking for unswerving and enthusiastic dedication to service and ensuring our ability to provide hope to single families battling cancer!
The Board of Directors is the governing body for Singleton Moms and is responsible for setting the strategic direction, ensuring necessary resources and providing fiscal, program and human oversight. Board members should adhere to our organizational values of
1. Compassion: To empathize with the many challenging situations each family find themselves in during this extremely difficult time in their lives.
2. Appreciation: To display gratitude and respect towards those who give of their time, talents and hearts to serve the Singleton Moms mission.
3. Strength: To be the courageous voice of advocacy within our community for single parents battling cancer with their minor children. Bringing awareness by telling their stories and providing hope for tomorrow.
Qualified candidates will be:
* Passionate about our mission
* Willing to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, special events
* Team player - works well in a group
* Enthusiastic about sharing our Singleton Story and our impact in the community
* Someone who listens well, is thoughtful in considering issues
* A strategic thinker with excellent follow through and results driven
* Enthusiastic about seeking support for and advocating for Singleton Moms.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with expertise in the following areas:
* Corporate Leader: We are excited to partner with corporations that are seeking strategic ways to engage their employees in high-impact service positions while also providing philanthropic support. The ideal candidate for our corporate leader role will possess the following qualifications:
o A belief in board service - and service more broadly.
o A strong understanding of how nonprofit board service can support and augment corporate goals around employee development, community engagement and philanthropic investments.
o A strong network of decision-makers and influencers within her/his own company and other companies and a willingness to tap those connections to help Singleton Moms.
*Philanthropist/Experience in or Knowledge of Fundraising: Philanthropy is essential to fulfilling the mission of Singleton Moms. We recognize that Board Members bring different gifts. Some bring time, some bring talent and some bring treasure. All are important to what we do. We welcome those who are not only willing to share their treasure but to help us to grow our list of supporters by providing other philanthropists and funders an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most right now.
*Entrepreneurs: Singleton Moms is a ten-year old successful entrepreneurial nonprofit start-up. During our next phase of growth and development we are looking for individuals who can provide strategic guidance as we maneuver through an uncertain political and economic environment and evaluate risks and rewards toward our goal to expand our services and help even more people.
*Cancer Survivors or Patients: You are the core of why we exist. We value the wisdom and spirit of service you bring to the Board table and your commitment to ensure Singleton Moms is always true to its mission
- Database Administration
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 mtg/mo + committee/task force work
- Prior nonprofit board experience preferred