Full Stack Developer Internship
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
USVESAN is a nonprofit dedicated to help and educate Veterans of the US Armed Forces, their dependents or survivors, in seeking local, state, or federal Veterans benefits. Our nonprofit strives to be a "half-glass-full" organization, always thinking about the best interest of those we serve. We offer remote working volunteer opportunities to the right candidates.
We are looking for a student Web Developer, that will conduct an unpaid internship, and will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, as well as translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Among others
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, Jinja, etc. depending on your technology stack
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Stylus, Less, Sass etc. depending on your technology stack
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN}}
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, Gulp, etc. depending on the technology stack
- Make sure to mention other frameworks, libraries, or any other technology related to your development stack
- Education level or certification required: None. However, graduation from a coding boot camp program is highly desirable.
- SQL / MySQL
- Database Administration
- Web Design / UX
- Google Apps
- Website Programming
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training