The individual will work with staff to support the (volunteer) Troupers program for the Morton Theatre. The Coordinator will be expected to assist in the volunteer recruitment efforts, to train and assist volunteers through the sign up process, support staff managing the volunteers, and to recognize Troupers after service and annually for all events and initiatives at the Morton Theatre.
- Create unique monthly e-newsletter with volunteer opportunities and event details for Troupers
- Collaborate with staff to create and distribute program brochures, posters, application forms and other documentation or publications as needed
- Maintain online volunteer database (CERVIS) ensuring accurate logs of volunteers, projects, and service hours
- Staff and manage theatre presence at professional and community meetings and fairs to recruit interested parties for volunteer service.
- Execute and coordinate volunteer recognition and appreciation
- May attend various Athens-Clarke County, community or board committees as required and assigned.
- Create and maintain documentation on program progress, procedures, etc. for evaluation and transition
- Receives direct supervision from Morton staff and the Morton Theatre Corporation Volunteer Committee.
All levels of experience are welcome to apply.
See full desctiption at http://bit.ly/mtvolcoord16
Complete our Internship Application at http://bit.ly/mtinapp
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-12 hours
- Experience in theatre and/or with non-profits desired but not required.