The PR/Social Media intern will work with staff to promote and market the Morton Theatre and its events to culturally and economically diverse audiences. The individual will work to increase awareness and attendance by implementing a strategic communication plan, including social media management and promotion to targeted audiences. Using excellent customer service skills, the position will establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, board members, local officials and business leaders, and all members of the general public, aiding with renter and patron relationships.
- Manage the Morton Theatre’s public relations, maintaining and regularly updating the website, social media presence, blog, Twitter and Facebook pages, and search engine optimization,
- Create promotional materials.
- Achieve local and regional news coverage for the facility and events.
- Execute and coordinate email newsletters.
- Evaluate digital and other relationship building tactics.
- May attend various Athens-Clarke County, community or board committees as required and assigned.
- Receives direct supervision from Morton staff and the Morton Theatre Corporation Marketing Committee.
- Credit for UGA public relations internship possible.
All levels of experience are welcome to apply.
See full desctiption at http://bit.ly/mtprsm16
For your internship candidacy to be reviewed, please make certain that we receive the following items as soon as possible: a cover letter, a completed application, and your resume. The application can be downloaded at http://bit.ly/mtinapp.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours
- Ability to communicate effectively, experience with non-profits desired but not required