To apply, please fill out online application at www.arshtcenter.org/internships
As the focal point of performing arts activity in South Florida, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-
Dade County serves as a showcase for the finest in established and developing performing arts programs. The Center is the
foundation on which established resident organizations build their programs and extend their reach. The Center also serves as
a laboratory, providing first class accessible facilities for smaller, emerging and developing organizations and for the Center’s
own innovative productions and events.
The Center provides our diverse audiences with opportunities to share South Florida's many cultures, offering insights and
understanding. As an educational resource, the Center broadens the horizons of our children and enhances our quality of life
by offering a full range of cultural learning experiences.
Interns can expect to be introduced to all facets of performing arts advertising including, but not limited to: media research, media buying, ad trafficking, social media property maintenance, radio / newspaper copy writing, editing, and promotional event support. They will work directly with Marketing Directors to assist with developing ideas and planning communication strategies for advertising campaigns. They will be exposed to the challenges and rewards of the creative process, as well as the challenging task of managing the responsibilities of supporting the advertising, promotion, e-commerce, creative, administrative and planning sector of the Arsht Center.
The Marketing/Advertising intern will assist the Marketing Managers with:
* The advertising submission process: script and copy-writing for print, TV and radio ads, spot editing and drafting elements for in-house print designers, monitoring deadlines
* Drafting, implementing, and executing show marketing plans and budgets
* Compiling materials to prepare settlement documents to verify actuals of budget spending
* Reviewing and negotiating RFPs from prospective media/marketing vendors and partners, ensuring compliance with contractual agreements
* Maintaining wrap ROIs, post-campaign reports, attending select meetings
* Updating show summary reports and assisting with office tasks as needed
* Daily analysis of marketing and sales data
* Drafting and implementing social media campaigns
* Junior, senior or graduate status pursuing a degree in Marketing, Online Marketing or related field.
* Understanding of Social Media and knowledge of keyword research tools is a plus
* Proficient in excel a plus (formulas and chart building).
* 16+ hours of availability per week between 9:00 am and 5:30pm.
* Acute attention to detail, strong interest in the arts.
* This is an unpaid internship, but it can be taken for school credit. Please check with your school for more details.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Sales Marketing
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 16+ hours per week
- Fall 2017 - Hospitality &...
- Fall 2017- Promotions Internship...
- Fall 2017 - Theater Production...
- Fall 2017 - Web/Graphic Design...
- Fall 2017 -...
- Fall 2017 - Accounting...
- Fall 2017 - Information...
- Fall 2017- Public Relations...
- Fall 2017- Work Force Management...
- Fall 2017- Non Profit Office...
- Fall 2017 Non-Profit Corporate...
- Fall 2017- Fundraising...
- Fall 2017 Design Traffic...
- Fall 2017- Production/Operations...
- Fall 2017- Media...