We have several roles for volunteers on Race Day. All volunteers must be able to:
- Arrive by 7:00am and stay until the end of racing. Usually between 12:00 noon and 1:00pm.
- Have a basic understanding of the event and day’s procedure
- Ability to work and/or stand for 3-4 hours in the sun
We need volunteers to:
- Help with judging student vehicles on engineering, craftsmanship and porgress journal.
- Be a start line judge that can help students attach their cars to the guide wire and to determine the race began cleanly (no attempts at cheating).
- Be a finish line judge that can help students remove their car form the guide wire and to keep track of the order that cars cross the finish line.
- Help students sign in when they arrive by inspecting their car and providing them with a judging number.
- Help students at the repair table to assist using various tools. These volunteers must be careful as tools may be either sharp or very hot.
- Pass around student and teacher surveys on iPads.
- Set up and take down the event
- Math / Science Instruction
- People Skills
- Mechanical Engineering
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- This event runs from 7am to 1pm.
- Must provide own transportation.