Are you 55+ and would like to become an Adult Literacy Program Volunteer?
The Adult Literacy Program is based in Brooklyn, N.Y. It offers free, small group and one-on one classes in: Basic Literacy, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Pre-GED and GED Test Prep. The literacy program provides a supportive environment and designed to help each student reach their specific needs and educational goals.
To learn more about this program and to volunteer, please contact Bobbie Futrell at 212 614-5386.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Become a Literacy Program...
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...
- Attend Orientation to be a...