EduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
The SWASH (Sanitation of Water Air and Soil for Healthy Villages) project aims to create a clean and healthy environment for the local communities. SWASH is an integrated project that addresses issues of waste management, water sanitation and recycling using innovation and local human resources to facilitate social entrepreneurship and volunteer service. SWASH uses community connections to raise awareness about environmental issues.
- Plan, coordinate and promote community-based waste management.
- Organizing workshop regarding SWASH with the aim to increase people's awareness, preparing brochures and informative materials.
- To create/maintain relationships with the institutions to promote a cooperation between them and the community.
- Surveys with the main stakeholders to be sure to act according to their needs and wants.
- Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
- Produce the required documentation during your internship (it will be explained during the induction).
- Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
- Flexibility and self-motivation.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
- Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
- Strong communications skills.
- Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
- Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such: developing a sustainable process to deal with unrecyclable waste, cleaning and storing of soft plastic to use as filling for cushions and sofas, analysis of waste production habits in the community, designing sustainable systems and alternatives to showcase in ReStore.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-12 months