Manifezt Foundation is striving to become the nations leading community development nonprofit. Together with our charitable partners, our organization is developing evidence-based policy and legislative insights designed to communicate the impact our initiatives deliver on the local, state, and federal levels.
Our organization is seeking to acquire a motived Director of Grants & Gov. Relations that can develop and execute comprehensive high level strategies with the goal achieve incremental success towards our national agendas. An outstanding candidate will work towards developing relationships with public and private sector organizations that align with our goals.
- Actively serve as an ambassador for the Manifezt at state legislatures and congressional offices, appropriately demonstrating the values and reputation of the enterprise and its brand.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials and staff, state department heads and administrative staff.
- Monitor and analyze all relevant pieces of legislation and provide or facilitate oral and written testimony in accordance with Manifezt Foundation’s policy.
- In close collaboration with other team members and national colleagues, lead planning and implementation of comprehensive and strategic issue campaigns to achieve progress towards legislative and appropriations successes at the state/local level.
- Defeat legislation that would negatively impact our organizations mission.
- Serve as an organization media spokesperson on local and state policies.
- Actively serve as Manifezt’s representative on coalitions aimed at advancing public policy priorities.
- Develop state legislative agendas and supporting materials that include thorough documentation, ensuring consistency with Manifezt’s policy positions and messaging.
- Closely collaborate with relevant state agency personnel.
- Enhance the overall external visibility of the enterprise in a positive fashion.
- Support all grassroots efforts as needed.
- Help grassroots staff to conduct trainings as needed for volunteers and staff, and help prepare volunteers for meetings, testimony, etc.
- Help the leadership build capacity by working in concert with initiatives to engage and communicate with volunteer network.
- Support and/or take the lead on Manifezt grant fundraising activities, towards achievement of an annual fundraising goal, including relationship development and management with corporate and high net worth donors.
- Serve on management teams, where appropriate.
- Assist with where relevant, and adhere with all IRS legal guidelines and reporting.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25