Fall 16-17 Internship Opportunity
Dominicanos USA (DUSA) is a 501C-3 non-profit and nonpartisan organization, founded in 2013, that empowers Dominican-Americans by registering, educating and mobilizing them to go out and vote. DUSA also launched the DUSA Citizenship program which was set up to assist Dominican-Americans and other immigrant communities with the process of naturalizing as US Citizens.
At this stage, we are looking for individuals interested in the digital media, community outreach, and administration aspects of the organization.
Civic Engagement Intern
The position will consist of coordinating voter registration and citizenship activities with various partners and volunteers throughout NYC. The intern will also have the opportunity to perform various administrative tasks, conduct research, and provide support for a team that serves thousands of New Yorkers every year. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the non-profit field in general, as well as the process of conducting outreach in the Hispanic community.
- Entering and managing data in a record keeping system
- Conducting client intake calls - listening to voicemails, identifying issues, and forwarding them to the appropriate staff
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Assist with event planning & logistics
- Help with volunteer recruitment
- Follow up with Corporate Sponsors, and potential grant opportunities
- Volunteer management on event days
- Coordinate voter registration and citizenship activities with our various partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 10 hour/week commitment
- Bilingual capability in Spanish required
- Undergraduate student
- Professional demeanor and punctuality
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple tasks and requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about the empowerment of the Hispanic community and committed to the mission of DUSA
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Internship opportunity" in the subject line.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hour weekly commitment
- bi-lingual spanish