Fall 16-17 Internship Opportunity
Dominicanos USA (DUSA) is a 501C-3 non-profit and nonpartisan organization, founded in 2013, that empowers Dominican-Americans by registering, educating and mobilizing them to go out and vote. DUSA also launched the DUSA Citizenship program which was set up to assist Dominican-Americans and other immigrant communities with the process of naturalizing as US Citizens.
At this stage, we are looking for individuals interested in the digital media, community outreach, and administration aspects of the organization.
Digital Media Intern
While the position will mainly consist of helping to manage and produce content for Dominicanos USA’s various digital properties, the intern will have the opportunity to attend and help plan various community events, perform research, and provide support for a team that serves thousands of New Yorkers every year. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the non-profit media landscape, as well as the process of conducting outreach in the Hispanic community.
- Assist with website updates and fundraising
- Assist with general office duties as assigned
- Weekly social media postings and other PR outreach
- Volunteer management on event days
- Perform post event responsibilities including social media postings, surveys and email thank yous' to participants and donors
- Excellent written communication skills
- Minimum 10 hour/week commitment
- Bilingual capability in Spanish required
- Undergraduate student
- Professional demeanor and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to independently create posts and run multiple social media platforms
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple tasks and requests
- Experience with wordpress, photoshop, and graphic design programs
- Passionate about the empowerment of the Hispanic community and committed to the mission of DUSA
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Internship opportunity" in the subject line.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hour weekly commitment.
- Bi-lingual Spanish