Dominicanos USA (DUSA) is a 501C-3 non-profit and nonpartisan organization, founded in 2013, that empowers Dominican-Americans by registering, educating and mobilizing them to go out and vote. DUSA also launched the DUSA Citizenship program which was set up to assist Dominican-Americans and other immigrant communities with the process of naturalizing as US Citizens.
At this stage, we are looking for individuals interested in the digital media, community outreach, and administration aspects of the organization.
While the position is mainly administrative, the intern will have the opportunity to attend and help plan various community events, perform research, and provide support for a team that serves thousands of New Yorkers every year. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the non-profit field in general, as well as the process of conducting outreach in the Hispanic community.
- Scanning, copying, and filing
- Entering and managing data in a record keeping system
- Conducting client intake calls - listening to voicemails, identifying issues, and forwarding them to the appropriate staff
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Assist with event planning & logistics
- Follow up with Corporate Sponsors, and potential grant opportunities
- Research and requesting unique in-kind donations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple tasks and requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum 10 hour/week commitment
- Bilingual capability in Spanish required
- Undergraduate student
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Professional demeanor and punctuality
- Administrative experience a plus
- Passionate about the empowerment of the Hispanic community and committed to the mission of DUSA
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Internship opportunity" in the subject line.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- weekly 10 hour commitment
- Bi-lingual spanish