Volunteer Opportunities THERE IS A VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE AT GRACE HOSPICE OF NEW ORLEANS. VOLUNTEERS CAN WORK DIRECTLY WITH PATIENTS:
- Companionship Volunteer- offer companionship; emotional support and assistance to patient/family;
- Respite Care Volunteer- stay with a patient to provide caregivers a break to run errands and accomplish household taks.
- Transportation Volunteer-provide transportation for patients and families to medical appointments, grocery shopping, etc.
- Care Call Volunteer- call patients and families each week to ensure they have the supplies, medications and medical equipment needed for the weekend.
- 11th Hour Volunteer- stay with actively dying patients who have no family in the hope that no one will die alone.
- Professional Volunteer -provide professional skills to serve patients and families: examples- beautician, musician, attorney, massage therapist, pet therapy
- Bereavement Volunteer- offer bereavement care to family members who are grieving the loss of a loved one through companionship and support programs.
- Administrative Support Volunteer- provide administrative/clerical services by assisting with mailings, computer work, filing, and telephones.
- Special Event Volunteer- assist with fundraising and special events.
Learn more about our community-driven community outreach program, Please reply!
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training