Position Title: Board of Directors
Roles & Responsibilities:
Communicates and advocates the Mission of Pro Portsmouth through the following areas:
* Attends and participates in monthly Board meetings.
* In partnership with the Executive Director is responsible for the financial health of the organization. Achieve financial goals through recommending sources for fundraising, partnerships with other organizations and other areas as applicable (grants, etc.).
* Financial responsibilities: Willing to make a financial contribution to the organization, no matter how large or small, so that we may accurately note to potentials funders, on grant applications and to the Community that we have 100% financial participation by the Board of Directors. (Contribution amount remains confidential)
* Engages in leadership roles as per the By Laws (Officers include: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary).
* Participation in at least one standing Board Committee - Executive, Nominating, Fundraising and Finance.
* Functions in an advisory capacity based on individual areas of expertise (i.e. legal, financial, marketing).
* Participate in key Volunteer positions at Pro Portsmouth events: Market Square Day (mandatory), Children’s Day or First Night (select one), Summer in the Street (one out of the number programmed).
* Support the Staff as needed with regard to events and special projects (i.e. phone banks, Volunteer meetings and Volunteer/Community Partner recognition programs).
Key Points for Success:
* A familiarity/comfort level with Portsmouth/the Seacoast area.
* A demonstrated commitment to the community and the organization’s Mission to produce events and collaborate with others when appropriate.
* Ability to work with, and, across a large cross section of people - fellow Board members, Staff, Volunteers, sponsors, outside agencies, businesses and City Officials as needed.
* Experience in key areas such as finance, administration, fundraising, operations and marketing.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Creativity and problem solving skills. Pro Portsmouth Board members become involved in fund raising by identifying sources/companies interested in Sponsorship/Underwriting of the events.
Meeting Times: 3rd Thursday of each month at 6pm
Check us out on LinkedIn: bit.ly/PPILinkedIn
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monthly meetings, part of events