Match your skills with a Guatemalan business that needs your insight. We brief you on the pre-selected business owners we are assisting, and what you can accomplish by working with them virtually or at their place of business.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in Guatemala strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Guatemalan hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your branding experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks experienced branding consultants with at least eight years’ experience to TRAVEL to Guatemala to work with a marketing firm. The firm is a participant in Bpeace’s18-month enterprise development program during which time they will implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The company wants to analyze its current client portfolio and clearly define its competitive advantages, strategic capabilities and brand messaging.
What you will be doing
- Travel to Guatemala for one week to work with eight to 10 Fast Runner firms.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on the Fast Runner firm including a business profile, the firm’s mission and growth vision, website and other marketing materials.
- Consult. Prior to trip you will consult virtually by email, phone, Skype or GoToMeeting to collect the necessary data and information on the business
- Mentor. In person during 5 day visit in Guatemala. Post trip, virtually coach and guide Fast Runner as the company implements proposed changes or recommendations.
About the Business
The firm is a marketing agency that offers creative ideas and logistics for all types of brand activation activities. The company has three main services: Trade Marketing solutions, Experiential Marketing and BTL (Below The Line) marketing. It has become a resourceful, flexible and trendy company, ready to solve its customer´s needs. These qualities have allowed the firm to expand its regional business to Nicaragua. From their 2000 square foot facility they produce marketing displays that rival works of art.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Travel to Guatemala for one week in Q416 or Q117.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, five days in Guatemala,and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to four months.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 8+ years of experience in branding consulting.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Spanish is preferred.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- One week travel, three days virtual