Match your skills with a Guatemalan or Salvadoran business that need your insight. We brief you on the pre-selected business owners we are assisting, and what you can accomplish by working with them virtually or at their place of business.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in Central America strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Guatemalan hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your branding experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks experienced branding consultants with at least eight years’ experience to VIRTUALLY Consult with Guatemalan or Salvadoran firms. The firms are participants in Bpeace’s 18-month enterprise development program during which time they will implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The firms wants to analyze their current client portfolio and clearly define their competitive advantages, strategic capabilities and brand messaging.
What you will be doing
- Consult virtually via GoToMeeting or Skype; each call lasting one hour.
- Guide the firm in developing a branding/messaging strategy that outlines action steps and resources.
- Coach the Fast Runner as the company implements your suggestions.
The small and growing businesses in the Bpeace program have been in operation for two to 20 years, with 10+ employees, with annual revenue between US$100,000 and $2 million, and operating in diverse industries including manufacturing, food processing, technology and other services. Each firm was selected through a competitive process to participate in the Bpeace program based on their appetite and capacity for growth.
Where and When
- Work virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible timing in first quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: on average, one to two hours per week over a three month period.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 8+ years of experience in branding consulting.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment