Max's Helping Paws Foundation wants to help local pets and their owners in financial hardship afford needed secondary care to save their dogs or cats.
I'd like to hold a fundraiser after the holidays. Havent yet decided if it would be virtual, or physical. I'm looking for someone with great communication skills, sensitivity to the cause and strong, professional presence to help create a donation request package to approach Monterey Country businesses in an effort to recruit them as event partners in our cause marketing efforts. Essentially, we would be requesting that they donate a product or service we can use in a fundraising effort.
I have a strong list of businesses who have applications for this sort of thing. I need assistance in:
1. Deciding whether this is physical or virtual, and when it takes place *and possibky where - I have a very strong event management background so I can lead in that as needed) - the theme, the style
2. Helping build out the list of donation targets. I have, in my list, spas, hotels, restaurants, etc.
3. Developing a proposal to help us differentiate ourselves from so many other requestors
4. Researching platforms for virtual fundraising
5. Approaching those without set programs to request donations (new businesses, smaller businesses in need of exposure, etc)
6. Identifying non social promotional vehicles, such as local radio stations who can donate airtime
7. Working with Social Media helper to help determine promotional vehicles and campaigns for this event (I am in marketing, so I can assist with this.)
8. Seeking out local celebrities to participate or donate time, or other, or potentially local venues to donate their venue, food, drink, etc. Signage (you would work with Cause Marketing person on this, as they would likely be building relationships with these businesses)
This is anothr opportunity that will enable you to get your creative juices going - Marketing, Events and communications background, or non profit background certainly a plus. The goal is truly to grow this foundation, so we can eventually help others more broadly. We are working to make Max's Helping Paws be AHEAD Of the curve on fundraising, partnerships and communications. Unique ideas welcome!
- Program Management
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week
- Experience will be very important here, as I am new at this.