Education Through Music-Los Angeles is dedicated to providing high quality music education to students in disadvantaged schools in Los Angeles County. Program volunteers assist with many aspects of the in-school and after school music programs. Opportunities generally take place at our partner school sites, concert/event venues, and our office.
- Teaching Assistants (in-school and after-school): Assisting with classroom management; making sure kids are on-task; tuning instruments; supporting and encouraging students; instrument inventory, etc.
- Piano Accompaniment: We are always in need of piano accompaniment for student concerts (Winter and Spring) and other special performances.
- Delivery and Pick-up of instruments for repairs, instrument donations, teacher resources and supplies, etc
- Teacher Trainings and Professional Development: assisting with set-up and breakdown, preparing materials, photography and videography, etc
- School Concerts: Assisting teachers with the concert; distributing parent sruveys; audience tracking; etc.
- Music Theory
- Child Development
- Keyboard Instrument
- Teaching / Instruction
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- TB test and background check needed to work directly with kids