"We are looking for an empowering and unique individual with any type of disability who wants to not only teach but also learn from the younger generation"
- Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time once per month, in addition to internet/phone communications.
- Act as a resource and guide
- Work closely with staff through phone contact, group meetings, and outings with the mentee
- Serve as an example/role model
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
- Be an individual with any type of disability
- Good listening skills
- We want our mentors to be committed and by committed we mean...
- We want them to be committed to their mentees
- We want them to be committed to the program
- We want mentors who value patience, have great interpersonal skills, and also have a desire to help guide the "next generation"
- Having a great sense of humor does not hurt as well
Please contact Patrick Remy Youth Services Coordinator, Easter Seals Massachusetts: email@example.com for more information.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training