We are looking for an empowering and unique individual with any type of disability who wants to not only teach but also learn from the younger generation
Starting in April Easter Seals Massachusetts will be starting a male and female mentoring program. Through one-to-one match relationships, each mentee participant will have the opportunity to develop the skills of self-empowerment and to promote personal achievement and self-identity within a community of other men and women with disabilities
- Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time once per month, in addition to internet/phone communications.
- Act as a resource and guide
- Work closely with staff through phone contact, group meetings, and outings with the mentee
- Serve as an example/role model
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
- Be a person with any type of disability
- Good listening skills
- We want our mentors to be committed and by committed we mean...
- We want them to be committed to their mentees
- We want them to be committed to the program
- We want mentors who value patience, have great interpersonal skills, and also have a desire to help guide the "next generation"
- Having a great sense of humor does not hurt as well
For more information about both our male and female mentorship programs email us at: email@example.com (508) 751-6417 for more information
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training