Are you a photographer looking to build your portfolio? Junior Achievement of Washington (JA) needs your photography skills! We’re looking for a photographer to give event participants lasting memories while assisting JA in documenting our events for publicity and posterity.
Some will be large scale events (500 sit down dinner) to our smaller events (less than 30 attendees). 2017 Events include but are not limited to: private dinner for auction winners in Seattle (Jan. 24), Celebrate JA Breakfast in Seattle (Feb. 15), Bowling Classic (throughout the year statewide), Hall of Fame in Seattle (May 4), Golf Classic and Auction in Sammamish (June), etc.
Expectations/Responsibilities of the Position:
- Arrive at the meeting/event space an hour before event
- Must bring all photography equipment with you
- Take quality digital photos that will be used on our website and social media pages
- 48 hour turnaround on images with no artist watermark
- Ability to share images through Dropbox or other online resource
- Photographer will be asked to sign an agreement allowing for him/her to use photos for portfolio with the exception of identifiable youth
- An online portfolio that can be viewed
- Professional camera and lighting equipment
- Can be a professional or a student looking to build their portfolio
- Professional manner in dress and demeanor
- Dedicated, and available to attend special events
- You can use photos for your portfolio with the exception of identifiable youth (you will be asked to sign an agreement)
- Practice a variety of photography skills (candid, portrait, landscape, detail shots)
- Learn about, and support the Junior Achievement mission!
- Volunteering makes you happy!
Practice makes perfect
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 3-10 hrs day-of + post-processing and delivey
- Must be 18+