All volunteers are asked to voluntarily contribute $100 in advance to http://support.whomentors.com
Fee covers use of equipment, access to online technical training courses, and training supervision.
All arrangements comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for Executive Trainees (29 CFR 541.705):
All applications focused on film experience, improve healthcare, or accelerate learning using VR or AR must be completed by November 10, 2016. All submissions become the property of WHOmentors.com, Inc., a 501(c)(3) exempt organization and will be used for a VR/AR competition. If the submission wins, you will be invited to Las Vegas to give a presentation from January 3-4, 2017, just prior to Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
Here are the categories:
Make an audience member feel like they are part of the film with either virtual or augmented immersion in the story. You can include new wearables or other hardware in your solution. This category includes social experience, body movement or gestures, content that reacts to you, or other innovation in the viewing experience. In this challenge, the content is less important than the way you enhance the viewer experience.
Allow physicians or medical administrators to improve care experiences.
Provide new tools to educators to help them accelerate the learning process or to reach those who do not have traditional instructional methods available.
- Mobile Programming
- Product Development
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- varies, must be completed by November 10, 2016
- Advance $100 via http://support.whomentors.com, no exceptions.
- self.TaughtCoder Instructor...
- Female Candidates, Women of...
- Native-Korean speaker(s), attend...
- Event host/organizer(s): French...
- Novice Web/Mobile App Coder(s),...
- Novice Augmented/Virtual Reality...
- Game Artist(s): Autodesk Fusion...
- App Dev(s): Alexa Voice...
- Independent Researcher(s)
- AR/VR iOS or Android Application...
- Android, iOS, Web Developers...
- Foreign National(s), Host...