Type: Non-Compensated Volunteer Position (Part-time, telecommuting is OK)
Hours: 10-20 hours/week, 6-8 months
Reports to: Executive Director
The Web Manager is responsible for strategic planning, development, execution and implementation related to all of SSV’s websites. They work with the marketing team to devise the strategic direction and are responsible for expenditures and staff oversight of the Web Services department. Web Managers plan, organize and lead the web department to meet SSV standards and strategic goals and ensure consistency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualities and Skills
- Utilizes their knowledge of web technologies, techniques and best practices to help position SSV’s websites for the future.
- Maintain and develop a competent, productive and quality-conscious work force.
- Develop and implement processes through orientation, training and education to ensure that the competency of all staff members are assessed, maintained, improved and demonstrated throughout their tenure
- Prepare and control department resources by forecasting future web needs of the organization, as well as act as a consultant for the organization for initiatives related to Web development and implementation.
- Experience with WordPress a must
- Must demonstrate superior negotiation and leadership skills, web expertise and knowledge.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service, including a proactive consultative style.
- Understanding the connection between electronic communications and the Internet in an organization's overall marketing and communications strategy is also essential.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people toward the accomplishment of work and organizational goals with experience in selection, evaluation, and direction of subordinates.
- Must work and relate well to all levels of Associates, internal and external customers, operations managers and the general public.
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone. SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience. Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com