The WiderNet Project, a Chapel Hill non-profit organization, seeks engineering volunteers with a variety of skill sets! We believe that access to information is a human right, and are constantly researching/developing innovative ways to provide access for all.
Since 2001, The WiderNet Project has provided training and coaching on information technology solutions for underserved areas of the world. Their off-line eGranary Digital Library is installed in over 1,000 locations, from 26 African counties, to locations across India and Papua New Guinea, and a dozen U.S. correctional facilities.
More information about the WiderNet Project can be found at:
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Security / Network Administration
- IT Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Publicity Team
- Engineers Bridging the Digital...
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- Artists and Designers Bridging...
- eGranary Content Team and...
- Fundraisers Bridging the Digital...
- Systems Management Team
- Innovative Engineering
- Journalists Bridging the Digital...
- Technological Development
- Computer Tech Team