The Youth Voices Network is a group of volunteers who have had personal experience with dating abuse and/or intimate partner violence before the age of 24*. Meetings are held on the final Thursday of every month at 6:30pm in downtown Manhattan. Exact location will be disclosed upon acceptance. Ability to attend meetings is strongly preferred, but not required, for participation. Please get in touch to discuss your individual schedule!
(*Age limit only pertains to the experience itself; applicants of any age are considered for membership.)
The primary aims of the group are to:
- Let young people know that they are not alone
- Prevent dating abuse by increasing community awareness
- Promote discussion about the factors of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Direct survivors to helpful resources
In the 2016-2017 year we were proud to meet these aims through a variety of different opportunities. Members have shared stories with one another, youth/peers, government officials, and the media. The Youth Voices Network has also hosted several events in an effort to highlight individual talents/showcase methods of healing. Examples include:
- How the Media Can End Rape Culture discussion panel
- New Voices open mic for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Ongoing speaking engagements at Day One trainings
And many more. We are always tailoring what we provide to member interest. Bring your ideas, we are happy to have them!
The Youth Voices Network is a safe space to foster healthy relationships. Humans of all races, religions, genders, and sexualities are welcome.
To complete an application, please visit http://www.dayoneny.org/join-the-youth-voices-network/
To submit the application, or for more information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Program Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Hours are case-by-case. Contact us!