WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereRonald McDonald House2555 49th StreetSacramento, CA 95817
Family Dinners consist of a group of volunteers that would like donate a meal to prepare and cook here at RMHCNC. Volunteers will have access to all kitchen appliances in order to cook their meal. Volunteers serve our guests, mingle with guests, prepare to-go plates and clean up. After a long day of hospital visits and appointments, providing them with dinner is one less stressor they will not have to endure today, thanks to you!
- Family Dinners are scheduled Monday-Friday from 3:00pm-7:30pm
- You may have up to 8 volunteers at a time, and all must be 14 or older.
(If you would like to have more than 8 volunteers please discuss with the Volunteer Coordinator prior to your scheduled dinner)
- Once you have decided on a dinner to serve please inform the Volunteer Coordinator prior to dinner for preparation purposes
- If a volunteer in your group is sick please have them stay behind, We have children on the property with compromised immune systems and we all need to do our best to prevent the spread of illnesses.
- Volunteers will need to arrive at 3:00 pm- 7:30pm (Please do not arrive late or before your scheduled arrival time)
- Volunteers will store all perishable food items in refrigerators or freezers
- Volunteer Coordinator will collect documentation (Volunteer Waiver and Emergency Contact Form)
- Volunteer Coordinator presents a brief history of organization and gives a tour of the house
- Volunteers will review a brief Food Handling Orientation
- Food Preparation is from 3:30pm-4:45pm
- Dinner is served 5pm-7pm
- Volunteers will need to stay for clean up and to-go prepping from 7pm-7:30pm
- If your group would like to donate catering, the scheduled time frame is; 4pm-7pm
(A food handling orientation is still necessary)
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4.5 hours usually
- food handling orientation prior to beginning, day-of