Greensboro Career Coach
12 people are interested
Purpose of Position: To work in collaboration with a student’s literacy tutor to provide resources, guidance, and one-on-one support to adult literacy students looking for employment.
Time Commitment: 1-3 hours/week, with 6 month commitment
- Experience working with adults on resume writing, interview skills, job searches, and/or other career tasks
- Interest in working with adult learners at various levels of literacy
- Interest in working with culturally diverse adult learners
- Excellent reading and writing skills-including grammar and spelling
- Patience and flexibility
Duties: Work with adult literacy students who are unemployed or underemployed and seeking employment. The volunteer will be responsible for supporting students in career exploration activities, job searches, completing applications, preparing for interviews, creating resumes and cover letters, and other career related activities. All activities completed will need to be tracked and reported to the student’s coordinator and tutor.
Location: Greensboro or High Point office
Skills: Experience in human resources, career counseling, or career placement preferred.
We'll work with your schedule.
122 N. Elm Street, Suite 920Greensboro, NC 27401
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours a week for at least 4-6 months
- Background in career coaching or human resources preferred