EduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
The forestry/agriculture Project manager is part of the conservEN (Environmental conservation). You will deal with the different projects about forestry, wildlife conservation and agriculture. These projects whether protect the wildlife, promote tree planting, protect reforestation area and/or produce food resource.
- Taking care of the trees and vegetable production.
- Promote projects that protect the environment while fulfill the needs of the community.
- Research native tree species and establish a forestry database.
- Source of plant nursery materials and seed collection, processing and germination and plant propagation.
- Produce the required documentation during your internship (it will be explained during the induction).
- Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
- Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
- Flexibility and self-motivation.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
- Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
- Strong communications skills.
- Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
- Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such as: green gift project, tree nursery, small scale greenhouse and tree/ayurveda plants nursery, work with local farmers to improve their productivity, security of farms against animals and higher income.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-12 months