Match your skills with a Guatemalan business that needs your insight. We brief you on the pre-selected business owners we are assisting, and what you can accomplish by working with them virtually or at their place of business.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in Guatemala strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Guatemalan hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your beer production experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks an experienced Brewmaster with at least six years’ experience to TRAVEL to Guatemala to work with a restaurant and artisanal craft beer producer in Antigua. The firm is a participant in Bpeace’s18-month enterprise development program during which time they will implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The firm wants to understand the requirements and considerations to scale their brewing production.
What you will be doing
- Travel to Guatemala for five days to consult directly with the founder/brewer.
- Discovery. Prior to trip you will consult virtually by email, phone, Skype or GoToMeeting to collect the necessary data and information on the business.
- Mentor. In person during 5 day visit in Guatemala. Virtually coach and guide Fast Runner as the company implements proposed changes or recommendations.
About the Business
The firm is a popular American style restaurant based in Antigua, Guatemala. The founder started producing artisanal craft beer in early 2016. The demand for the craft beer has grown substantially and has created an opportunity for the firm to rebrand itself as a microbrewery that serves good food. The firm is well known for its great food, craft beer and beautiful rooftop terrace that has outstanding views of Antigua. They currently produce 200 beers/week and have the capacity and demand to scale to 600 beers/week.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible dates. Travel to Guatemala City for one week in 4th quarter 2016 or first quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, six days in Guatemala, and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to three months.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 6+ years of experience as a Brewmaster
- Experience in operations a plus.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you are interested in this position or would like additional information, please contact Alexandra Salas at email@example.com
- Food & Beverage Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 days prep, one week traveling to Guatemala