The Habitat for Humanity ReStores are home improvement centers that sell gently-used and new furniture, cabinets, appliances, etc. to benefit Habitat home construction. New donations arrive daily, leading to a lot of inventory management! The Caln and Kennett Square ReStores are looking for a friendly, positive person to lend a hand in the warehouse! The Volunteer Warehouse Assistant is a flexible, weekly volunteer position available any day Monday through Saturday in 3+ hour shifts. Volunteers should be comfortable moving furniture and other large and bulky items up to 50 pounds.
- Assist in safe and careful loading and unloading of ReStore donations and purchases from customers’ vehicles and ReStore trucks.
- Help to maintain cleanliness and organization of the warehouse and sales floor. Keep aisles clear of product and debris
- Graciously accept donations that have been dropped off at back dock and politely, but firmly, reject items that do not meet the ReStore donation guidelines.
- Safely place new donations on the sales floor in the correct department.
- People Skills
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Once a week for at least 3 hours