My name is Jacob Barrera and I am the Volunteer Infrastructure Program Manager for the ACE program located in Napa, California. I would like to personally invite you to become a part of the ACE community team. The After Class Enrichment (ACE) program is a free before and after school program that provides educational & recreational activities. We provide a free nutritious meal and have staff to address the educational, social, and safety needs of students. ACE serves over 1,500 children each year and over 350 families.
The long-term volunteer positions that we are currently looking to fill with individuals like you include:
- Athletic head and assistant coaches for volleyball (M-F 3:00-6:00 September 26 th-November 4th)
- Athletic head and assistant coaches for boys and girls basketball (M-F 3:00-6:00 November 7 th-December 16 th)
- Athletic head and assistant coach for futsal (3:00-6:00 February 13 th-March 17 th)
- Athletic head and assistant coach for badminton (M-F 3:00-6:00 March 20 th-April 21 st)
- Athletic head and assistant coach for track and field (M-F 3:00-6:00 April 24 th-May 31 st)
- Student mentor or tutor (varies depending on your schedule but requesting 1 hour a day for two days a week for 5 weeks)
The short-term volunteers positions that we are currently looking to fill with individuals like you include:
- Referee for athletic events (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Assistant referee (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Admission table supervisor (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Event set up and clean up grew (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Scorekeeper (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Time keeper (MWF 4:00-6:00)
- Event Photographer (MWF 4:00-6:00)
Each of these positions is needed for every sport the ACE program offers.
Our immediate need for volunteers includes all of the short-term positions as well as assistant coaches. Please contact me immediately if you are able to start volunteering now as the athletic seasons are getting closer and closer.
Athletic events will be scheduled at Napa Middle Schools that offer an ACE program which includes Redwood, Silverado, and Harvest Magnet. Mentors and tutors will be placed at Harvest Magnet Middle School in Napa, California. Please take a look at your schedules and let me know if you are available to volunteer for one of the positions mentioned previously. In exchange for your volunteer hours, if you complete fifteen or more the Napa Office of Education can write a letter of recommendation for you to add to your professional resume. ACE is working on gathering volunteer incentives so stay tuned, you may be able to earn giftcards and in exchange for your volunteer hours.
As questions and or issues arise, the ACE program welcomes you to speak with a staff member. We are all here to help ensure that your volunteer experience for the ACE program is a positive experience for you and the program participants.
Thank you for wanting to make a difference in not just the lives of the participants of the ACE program but also the Napa, California community as a whole!
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Physical Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on your availability.
- No other requirements are needed to volunteer with the Napa Office of Education ACE program.