With group volunteers, we organize dinners and group activities for our guests. It is truly meaningful to have volunteers make dinners for our guests who spend long days in the hospital. If you choose to make a dinner, please note that volunteers are responsible for bringing all the ingredients, preparing the meal, serving the meal, and clean-up. Our houses do have the necessary cooking utensils and equipment for your use. We usually ask that you prepare for at least 50 guests.
If you are interested in a group volunteering opportunity, feel free to contact our Manager of Volunteering Programs Julia Homa (firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-647-4917) with the following information:
1) Interested date/s
2) House preference (if you have one - we like flexibility!)
3) Type of event (dinner, baking, etc.)
4) What time you would arrive
5) What time you will serve
6) Menu selections (We will need to know this at least a week in advance from the date your event is scheduled)
If you do not have all this information ready or would like to find our more about Family House, volunteering, or have any further questions, you may contact Julia (email@example.com or 412-647-4917 ).
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- A few hours, usually during the evening