As Public Relations Coordinator, you will be a part of the PR Team, one of the many teams that make up TWIF. You will report to and work in partnership with the PR Director who reports to and works with all of the Team Directors for TWIF.
- Draft written content such as press releases, email pitches, articles, and website copy.
- Pursue media attention via emails and phone calls, landing interest and coverage.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings; proposing your ideas and making professional suggestions and judgements on strategy, message, branding, and content.
-Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of our organization to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
- Media training; creating talking points, preparing speeches, and/or and walking interviewees through the media process.
- Researching appropriate media opportunities and utilizing Editorial Calendars.
- Maintain a favorable public image of The World Is Fun, its brand, and its mission.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to write and speak in proper grammatical English.
- Ability to proofread, copyedit and provide constructive feedback on written content.
- Ability to contribute to regular strategy discussions and provide unique or targeted ideas.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of both traditional PR tactics and new digital techniques and tactics.
- Knowledge of the news and media framework; e.g. local vs national and trade vs consumer.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting products or services.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Preferred experience in content writing, media pitching, and/or branding strategy.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
MORE ABOUT TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to strengthen Seattle's spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Finance Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Volunteer at artSea
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Grants Writer
- Nonprofit Liaison