The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents' charitable club. We're a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol' bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator will act as the first point of contact for our volunteers through email and occasionally on the phone.
- First and foremost: Appreciate our wonderful volunteers and do everything you can to ensure their experience is awesome
- Answer volunteer questions regarding upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Assist in efforts to recruit new volunteers
- Record volunteer hours post volunteer event
- Communicate volunteer information with the TWIF Lead that will be the point of contact at the event
- Collaborate with TWIF team members to generate innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Excellent Time Management
- Personable and friendly
- Great at returning emails in a timely fashion
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume our online webform: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
MORE ABOUT TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization on a mission to make Seattle a great place to live and play by creating exciting ways to be involved in your community.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer at Bacon, Eggs and Kegs!
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer at Treehouse Wearhouse
- Volunteer at Seattle Scotch and...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator -...
- Website Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Volunteer at the Big Climb!
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Food Sorting at Food Lifeline
- Volunteer for Mural Painting at...
- Chicken Soup Brigade
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Nonprofit Liaison