The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents' charitable club. We're a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol' bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun.
We're looking for a talented and driven Social Media Marketing Coordinator to join our volunteer staff at The World is Fun! Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (Director) the Social Media Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement Social Media strategies for The World is Fun via social networking websites. You will be responsible for creating a professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged and to help increase awareness about our organization.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Maintains the official The World is Fun Facebook page and facilitates the Facebook conversations to engage fans and build likes
- Tweets regularly, engages others on twitter and builds followers of the organization.
- Prepares the bi-monthly email newsletters with images and text provided.
- Maintains event posting for events and volunteer opportunities.
- Maintains Pinterest and Instagram accounts and handles and ensures uploads of event photos.
- Prepares blog posts hi-lighting events in Seattle, volunteer opportunities and more
- Tracks statistics monthly
- Social Media familiarity
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media interfaces.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume our online webform: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
MORE ABOUT TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization on a mission to make Seattle a great place to live and play by creating exciting ways to be involved in your community.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of 1 year
- Finance Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Volunteer at artSea
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Grants Writer
- Nonprofit Liaison