We are seeking an SEO Intern (or dedicated volunteer) for 2016. We're a mental health awareness organization (http://www.thisismybrave.org) and are gearing up for an amazing year of growth. My estimate is this role requires 5-15 hours of work per week, with slightly more hours around our busy seasons (May-June and Sept-Oct).
This Is My Brave, Inc. provides a platform and a community for people affected by mental illness to share their stories through theater programs and community events. Our mission as a new non-profit organization is to ignite and actively promote a positive, national conversation on mental illness to end the stigma surrounding mental health disorders. We believe that every time we share a story, there's another crack helping to break down the stigma of mental illness.
This is an unpaid internship, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entreprenuerial environment with the opportunity to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Our physical location is Ashburn, Virginia, but we work out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with bi-weekly Skype calls.
- Collaborating on social media strategy and online review management
- Generating ideas and writing mental health related blog posts
- Keyword research, link-building and competitive analysis.
- Reviewing key metrics across websites to access the effectiveness of SEO strategies
- On-page optimization including page content, meta tags, h-tags, alt tags and internal linking.
- Verifying and optimizing business and local listings for top search engines
- Researching and monitoring industry news, trends and local market opportunities
- Participating in process improvement activities and initiatives
- Utilizing programs such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush and other industry leading SEO tools
- Knowledge of Squarespace is a huge plus, as this is our hosting platform
- This is an exciting chance to get involved - and have a voice - with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness.
This will be a volunteer position starting in late October. Would love to speak with you if you are interested in learning more! To apply, please email: jennifer(at) thisismybrave.org and submit your resume and a video clip (can be shot on your smartphone or using a computer's webcam) telling us why you're interested in joining our team.
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Project Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- up to 15 hours a week