Many families in Dane County cannot afford a Thanksgiving meal. For these families, holidays that should be fun and festive are reminders of the stress of providing food for their families. This food drive supports a number of community organizations that work to provide families with the food that they need. Here is how you can contribute:
Greet shoppers and encourage donations of turkeys for Thanksgiving Baskets. Shoppers can purchase turkeys in the store and drop them off with you! This is a great opportunity to help ensure we have enough turkeys for every family that needs one! Each shift can accommodate 6 people.
Date and Times:
November 11th-13th: Shifts, of 2.15 hours, are available between 9:00am and 7:15pm.
November 18th-20th: Shifts, of 2.15 hours, are available between 9:00am and 7:15pm.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to stand for the entire shift. Volunteers must be outgoing and feel comfortable speaking with strangers and asking for donations.
AGE: This is a wonderful opportunity for youth to get involved and give back! Youth volunteers of any age are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult.
Thank you for your help! If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer department.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Copps Junction Rd Food Drive
- Copps Fitchburg Food Drive
- Love chatting on the phone? ...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Copps Middleton Food Drive
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Greet our great seniors
- Food for Thought Initiative Driver
- Older Adult Program Intern
- Wordsmith wanted to write...
- Monona Copps Food Drive
- Madison Marathon Volunteer
- Pick'n Save Food Drive
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Foodworks Ambassador
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...
- Metro Market Food Drive