- Are you in need of volunteer hours for school?
- Would you like to get hands-on, face-to-face patient experience, without a clinical license?
- Are you looking to update your resume with current experience?
- Are you passionate to work with those on the last part of their life’s journey,
- on a hospice program?
- Are you retired and have extra time to serve others?
- Do you enjoy providing companionship and social support?
- Do you have a passion to work with the aging community?
WE NEED YOU!
You can take on just one patient, or many; you can commit hours a day, a week, or a month. Frequency of service is based on your availability.
Being a caregiver for someone on hospice can be overwhelming, being the family can be exhausting, and being the patient can be lonely.
And that’s where someone like you...can step in and be a big blessing. Comfort Hospice and Palliative Care is looking for volunteers who have a heart for people and are willing to volunteer just a little of their time to sit with those who are facing the end of their lives. Sometimes, it’s just to talk or read to them...at other times...you could help record a life history. It’s as individual as you are...and so very important to caregivers who need just an hour or two to run errands, or just rest. Help Comfort Hospice and Palliative Care provide comfort and support families during one of the most difficult times of their lives...become a volunteer for even just a few hours a month.
Comfort Hospice and Palliative Care is a locally owned and operated hospice servicing Multnomah, Clackamas, Yamhill and Washington counties providing excellent care to older adults, their families and caregivers.
Our volunteers have the opportunity to make a difference in our community by visiting older adults in their home or working in the office side by side with our trained staff of Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, and Med Aids.
We provide all the training and are committed to keep our volunteers doing what they enjoy!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: Persida Manea email@example.com or visit www.comforthospice.org
All volunteers are required to have a background check and a TB test along with our orientation/training.