Pan-African Association’s (PAA) mission is to serve, empower, and promote the integration of refugees, asylees, and immigrants from Africa and around the world. We serve over 1,000 refugees each year through our programs in workforce development, case management, mentoring, citizenship / civic education and immigration, and health and wellness.
The Board of Directors monitors overall performance. Potential Board members must demonstrate willingness and ability to contribute their time and talents and bring a passion to further the mission of our organization. We are seeking professionals with at least 10 years of work experience to who seek to have a meaningful impact on their Chicago community. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be involved in a nonprofit that supports refugees in becoming self-sufficient, integrated members of the community.
- Increase awareness of refugee support in Chicago
- Spearhead fundraising events that will capture the interest of the broader Chicago community
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and monitoring the annual budget
- Annually review and create a comprehensive strategic plan
- Plan events to support the refugees we serve
Requirements & Commitment:
- Commit a minimum of one-year to the Board of Directors
- Actively support all fundraising through suggestions, planning, participation, and attendance
- Attend meetings regularly and show commitment to all Board activities
- Represent and advocate for the organization to the community
If you are interested in becoming a Board of Directors member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introduction of yourself, why you are interested in the Board of Directors, and a recent resume or CV. Visit our website at http://www.panafricanassociation.org/ to learn more about our work.
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment