Pets Loyal 2 Vets is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2012 and legally recognized by the IRS as a non-profit in July of 2013 and are actively seeking to fill the position of Board Chair/President. PL2V trains service dogs for veterans diagnosed with PTSD and TBI service connected injuries for any qualifying Minnesota veteran. Our President will have an impact on how this organization is run while impacting the lives of veterans and their families throughout Minnesota.
Watching how dogs come into the lives of veterans and seeing them meet their new lifelong partners is very rewarding with 11 dogs currently in training. The following is a primary description of position responsibilities and what we seek in a Board President. A more detailed description will be provided to candidates interested in this position.
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
* Serves as the "Chief Volunteer" of the organization and has no conflicts of interest even through their employer.
* Is a partner with the Executive Director in achieving the organization's mission and goals.
* Discusses internal and external issues confronting the organization with the Board and Executive Director.
* Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns ensuring we meet all State or Federal requirements.
* Monitors financial planning efforts and monthly finance reports and makes recommendations to the Executive Dir.
* Has oversight in fundraising efforts and activity planning without coaxing or supervision and understands the importance of establishing new relationships.
* Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its vision, mission and goals.
* Works closely with the Executive Director and follows all principles in the Board Member Agreement.
* Regularly attends board meetings and other important related meetings as needed.
* Must enjoy meeting people, corporate sponsors and always act in a professional manner when representing the organization.
* Must always put the mission, vision and goals of the organization first and refrain from any personal agendas.
- 4 year degree preferred, 2 year college degree minimum plus three years measured non-profit or equivalent leadership experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as a board member in a non-profit environment
- Posses a high degree of professionalism in both verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to show a successful track record as a previous board member or director in a non-profit organization
- Work closely with fellow board members and committees to achieve desired goals of the organization
- Attend and participate in fund-raising events
- Attend and prepare for monthly board meetings
- Committed to the success of the organization and its mission to veterans and the community
You will collaborate with other Board Members, the Marketing Director and Funding Director in seeking new fundraising opportunities and our Vice President in our Community Outreach program that will benefit Minnesota veterans statewide. You may also be a part of attending foundation meetings and other organization meetings as part of the grant submission and acceptance process. You may also be invited to speak on behalf of the organization to VFW's, Gold and Blue Star family organizations and various civic groups.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity in Minnesota to make a difference in many people's lives. If you have experience as a Board Vice President or higher in a non-profit environment and have wanted to be a part of a worthy cause for Military Veterans and service dogs in Minnesota, this may be the opportunity you have waited for.
How to Apply:
When you volunteer with PetsLoyal2Vets you understand that you are making a commitment of time and effort of 5 hours per month to promote the organization, its mission and goals and will actively participate in the capacity for which you have applied for. To apply go to http://petsloyal2vets.org/jobs/board-of-director/ and click apply. You will be able to submit your resume with three non-profit references when you apply. We all look forward to meeting the right candidate with the right leadership and commitment level where your skills and experience will continue to support Minnesota Veterans.
US Military Veteran preference, VFW, Lions, Legion post members and retired military encouraged to apply
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- as required