Did you know?
- JA empowers young people to own their economic success
- JA BizTown prepares 4th-6th grade students for the real world by streghthening the link between what they learn in school and the realities of how the economy works.
- JA of Central Maryland's goal for the new 2016-2017 school year is to impact over 46,800 students throughout Central Maryland.
We need your help!
·We are seeking dynamic professionals to volunteer for the JA BizTown from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
·We have open dates through June. Please contact Lene for other dates (firstname.lastname@example.org).
·Volunteers will enable JA to support approximately 8,900 4th-6th grade students from the the 12 Central Maryland counties.
Volunteers serve as a mentor/coach to a small group of 6-8 students as they operate a real business for the day, encouraging students to communicate and collaborate with one another, while thinking critically and getting creative. Volunteers provide those "ah ha" moments daily as they help students discover the value of themselves, their education, and their future beyond the classroom. Through the experience, volunteers will develop their own communication skills and learning how to effectively manage a team.
See this booming town in action in this video
- Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues and friends as it contains all of our scheduled JA BizTown Volunteer Opportunities
- If you have a question or to sign up to volunteer at BizTown, contact Lene at 410-753-3286
- For all other JA volunteer opportunities, click here:
- Financial Literacy
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 5 hours