Volunteers are a vital resource for out nonprofit hospice. Volunteers provide social visits for patients; playing games, reading, and just keeping good company. Volunteers typically visit once/week for about 1 hour, the schedule is flexible and great for working people and students! Please see below for complete position description. Thank you for your interest! Fort more information: www.HalcyonHospice.org or email Megan at email@example.com
Companion Volunteer Position Description
Varies depending on the care facility
Duties & Responsibilities:
Visit patients who are in a care facility, on a regular basis, to provide socialization and support. Sit and visit with the patient, read to, go outside or help with an activity.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding and knowledge of the grief process. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license and auto insurance
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Orientation & Training:
Attend new volunteer orientation
Ongoing, minimum 6 month commitment
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- once/week for 1-3 hours
- TB skin test, drug screening, Background check
- Share your musical talents with...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer needed...
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Licensed Cosmeotologist Needed...
- Administrative Assistant Needed...
- Music Therapy Volunteer Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Licensed Cosmetologist Needed to...
- Hospice Companion Volunteer...
- Nonprofit Hospice Volunteers...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Companion Volunteers needed for...
- Music Enrichment Volunteers...