A Community Project Where Volunteers Are The Focus
Join a community project where volunteers are the essential ingredient, without whom the classes cannot run and the children cannot gain an opportunity to change their lives through being able to speak English.
What makes this project unique is that all the children come voluntarily to their free English classes. In addition they come after they have already been to their local school in the morning!
Before teaching English in the afternoon volunteers can help on a variety of community projects which include but are not limited to:
- Visiting local charities including the local orphanage
- Helping in the rice fields alongside local families
- Swimming lessons for local children
- Repair and building work on site at the project
- Visiting families in need and assisting where possible
- Helping in the vegetable garden on site at the project
- Volunteer's own project work and ideas for sustainable initiatives
Volunteers take the weekends to explore the coast which is close by or the capital city. Some volunteers travel into neighbouring Vietnam for a longer break.
After joining Original Volunteers, there is a once-only contribution of US$195 (UK £150, Euros 175) which includes single sex dorm style accommodation on site and allows you a stay of any length from 1 week to 12 weeks.
The cost is kept low to ensure that costs are not a barrier for volunteers and that the project has volunteers all year round as there is no one else available to teach the children English.
Quality meals are provided on site Monday to Friday for approximately US$30 per week (UK £20). Special diets can be catered for.
Detailed information on this project can be found by pasting the following into your browser:
Alternatively if you have any questions please email:
- Physical Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Between 1 and 12 weeks
- Enthusiasm and 'Can Do' approach