Communities In Schools of NOVA is seeking volunteers to help support our students this school year!
CIS NOVA coordinates in-school programs to support students that are at-risk of falling behind in school and not fully achieving in life. Volunteers are needed to support these programs in a variety of ways:
- Assisting with a weekly grocery assistance program at Barcroft Elementary School
- Serving as a mentor to students at Gunston Middle School
- Speaking to students during Career Cafes at Arlington Community High School
- Having conversations with English Language Learners at Wakefield High School
- Tutoring English Language Learners in math classes at Hammond Middle School
And many, many more!
Whether you are interested in mentoring students or serving in a "behind the scenes" role, our students need your support to reach their full potential this school year!
Interested volunteers must complete a background screening and attend an orientation prior to working with students. During the registration and orientation process, we will match you to a school based on your interests and availability.
Volunteers are needed throughout the school week, from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
CIS of NOVA partners with local school districts to deliver needed services and programs to students at Barcroft Elementary School, Francis Hammond Middle School, Gunston Middle School, Wakefield High School, and Arlington Community High School.
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions or requests for additional information.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: 1-2 hours per week