Make a Splash is a national water safety initiative created by the USA Swimming Foundation in an effort to provide access to swim lessons, at low to no cost, for children across the country. It is a proactive approach to teaching basic swimming and safety skills to our youth and is currently reaching over 1,000 third graders in the Treasure Valley. As Idaho has the second highest unintentional drowning rate in the nation, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA has made it one of our priorities to reverse this statistic.
This is a great opportunity to help out kids! We need both male and female volunteers to guide and motivate elementary school children that come for swim lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:45am and 2:00pm. Volunteers will give instruction and ensure youth are getting in and out of the locker rooms on time, secure personal belongings and help instructors evaluate children during swim test as needed (volunteers will not be in the water).
Volunteers must enjoy kids and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population. All YMCA volunteers must have the ability to act in accordance with the Y core values of Caring, Honestly, Respect and Responsibility.
- People Skills
- Water Recreation
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday and/or Thursday of each week
- YMCA Barber To Boise
- Birthday Bag Assembly- West Branch
- Canyon County Classic Kids Run
- Towel Folding Volunteer- West...
- To miss out would be a big...
- Harrison Classic Kids Run
- Welcome Center Staff-West Branch
- Climbing Wall Volunteer-West...
- Youth Activity Center...
- Kids Night Out Volunteer- West...
- Health & Well-being Floor...
- Storyteller--Caldwell Branch
- Administrative Ambassador--New...
- Administrative Support
- Downtown YMCA Halloween Carnival
- Evening Housekeeping...
- Porter Volunteer- West Branch
- Health and Wellbeing Floor...
- Make A Splash Male Locker Room...