14 people are interested
At Advocate Hospice we believe in making every day count. Volunteers perform a vital role on our health care team. Their selfless dedication of time and talent makes a significant contribution to the quality of care provided to patients, caregivers and families dealing with end-of-life issues. The Advocate Hospice volunteer program provides prospective volunteers with the skills to listen in a healing way and relate to those who are dying with compassion, empathy and understanding. It also covers the history and philosophy of hospice, grief and bereavement, spiritual awareness and patient care. Hospice volunteers are part of a team that provides a caring and supportive presence to terminally ill patients and their families who are facing difficulties at the end of life.
- Patients and families: Volunteers offer reliable sources of comfort and support by providing services such as respite for caregivers, assisting with household chores or being a compassionate listener.
- Bereavement: Create memory pillows, blankets and support to families during this difficult time.
- Vet to Vet : Assist patient & families with end of life issues specific to veterans.
- Music Therapy: Communicate with hospice patients through music.
- Administrative: Support of staff through clerical and data input.
- Pet Therapy: Providing comfort & joy through your well trained pet.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
303 N Hershey Road, Suite CBloomington, IL 61704
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Patient Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Avg 2 hrs per week, monthly mtg
- 2019 training is March 1st, 8th, 15th from 1-5pm. Interview & all 3days required for participation